Do you have bad habits you know are stopping you for being the best you?
In order to make 2019 your best year yet, you must first cut out the crap.
You must be the change you want to see. But how?
Breaking the cycle
First step of breaking bad habits is awareness. So if you’ve fully identified your bad habits then it’s a great start. It’s time to break the cycle! You need to identify and understand your reasoning (if any) for consistently doing this bad habit.
- What are your triggers?
- Is this apart of your daily routine?
- How does this habit make you feel? Who are you with?
Learning Self Discipline
Self-discipline is necessary to postpone what you want now for what you want in the long run. But with that being said it’s really NOT easy! Saying you’re going to break a bad habit is one thing, but actually doing it is most definitely another!
Here are a few tips to help get you started with the self discipline process:
- Replace bad habits with good ones – this will help your brain process the new change in a way that doesn’t feel like you’re “punishing” yourself.
- Plan ahead – every heard the saying “failure to plan, plan to fail”? You need to prepare for the moments you’re feeling WEAK AF and ready to slip right back into soil of bad habits. E.g If you’re goal is to have healthier eating habits, then you better get your meal prep on! Cos’ all it takes is that one long stressful Thursday evening at work for you to feel like you deserve to order a pizza!
- Treat yourself! – the whole reason you have bad habits in the first place is because your brain LOVES the reward or certain feeling you get from it. So be sure you are rewarding yourself after time for sticking to the new good habits you’ve formed.
Can’t hold yourself accountable? Find someone who will!
The moment you announce you are going to do something, the chances of you actually doing it increase by 2000%. Be sure to spread the word on your new motivation to change up habits. Tell your family, friends, colleagues EVERYONE that will listen.
Put it out there as much as possible, that way you have to hold yourself accountable or risk looking stupid.
And we all have to protect our image right?
So now you’ve had my tips, Here’s 10 bad habits you NEED be breaking in 2019! ↓
- Saying yes to everything
- Leaving things until ‘tomorrow’
- Binge watching youtube videos
- Having 20+ tabs open at once
- Making excuses for everything
- Using your debit card for small purchases / bad spending habits
- Putting yourself down
- Not drinking enough water
- Having a bad diet / relationship with food.
- Worrying about things you cannot control
What bad habits will you be ditching in 2019? Let me know!
If you liked this post you may also want to check out my series ’31 Days To A Positive Mindset’. I’m sharing all my tips and advice to rid yourself of negativity and live a more simple and positive lifestyle.
// U S E F U L R E S O U R C E S
Get 2 months FREE on Skillshare online learning platform: https://skl.sh/2zUcjHw
Creative INC book: https://amzn.to/2JxEQ8H 4 Hour Work Week: https://amzn.to/2P44KHs
Siteground website hosting: https://www.siteground.com/recommended?referrer_id=7614069
Get £25 off AirBnB: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/c/montelleb1?currency=GBP
➻ my camera (CANON G7X MARK II) : https://amzn.to/2ONQ7YD
➻ my memory card: https://amzn.to/2PlHGDd
➻ joby gorillapod tripod: https://amzn.to/2Sfofug
➻ 1tb external hard drive: https://amzn.to/2OMN16W